Today’s world is connected more than ever. The way of how people and things are linked together has changed greatly for the last two decades. First stages of globalization process were associated with material goods because goods were more easy to sell across the boarders compared to services. Thanks to digital globalization, now it is getting easier to sell jobs and services worldwide. And this fundamental change is bringing huge opportunities for the most competitive citizens of different nations. Digitalization trends along with the coronavirus realities demonstrate that the digital shift will happen faster than expected. International bandwidth has multiplied because the flows of data, information, communication, ideas, and transactions continue to rise. The implementation of digital trends has opened the doors to developing countries, small companies and start-ups. Any individual or local online business has now a chance to succeed by joining e-commerce giants, like Amazon, Alibaba, eBay, Rakuten, etc. Upwork and services like this make it possible to find freelancers and offer services from anywhere in the world. Moreover, during quarantine more and more companies feel the need to move their business online. Otherwise, they have no chances to survive.
“Telemigration” is a new term that describes our future. It means that today people can sit in one nation and work effectively in an office located in the other nation. Due to the recent pandemic and quarantine measures, domestic telecommuting has rapidly developed on the local levels. People inside the countries have understood that it’s possible to work remotely, and many employers have managed to establish online work and even got profit in the situation of crisis. Machine translation and fast development of advanced telecommunications are bringing our world closer to new digital business realities, where the location of a person or service doesn’t matter at all. This will open up great opportunities for educated and high-skilled workers as well as bring new challenges for business owners and IT leaders.
Digital Business Transformation and E-commerce
Recently, retail platforms and websites have undergone unprecedented traffic growth. Consumers that for any reason haven’t yet adopted new digital realities found themselves sidelined. This is due to coronavirus pandemic which forced people to stay at home in order to avoid crowded places and prevent themselves from the virus. During quarantine, small business linked to physical locations experienced difficulties, especially those without online stores. COVID-19 outbreaks and stay-at-home orders have pushed them to explore e-commerce as the way to sell and deliver products and services. Limiting shopping is becoming a new norm, and brands have to adopt these rules and be flexible. Indeed, with the sudden shift in e-commerce strategies, more retailers have a need to improve their websites or create functional e-commerce platform from scratch. This is still relevant even when quarantine is less strict.
Our team has already helped multiple companies to shift to online shopping and leverage existing resources for further business development. Here are 8 main hacks to help take your business online:
- Create an appealing image of your product. Optimize photos and descriptions to increase conversions. Capture both the technical and aesthetic aspects of images.
- Make everything clear. Create an attractive and full description of the company as well as clear delivery, payment, guarantees and a returns' policy rules.
- Customer support is crucial. Hiring a person to serve the orders and handle inquiries on the website is a good idea that will save money and increase sales.
- Invest in PPC advertising and SEO. This will help increase exposure in search engine results pages.
- Set up a budget for contextual advertising and SEO promotion (from $200 per month). Even with a small budget, it’s possible to give your SEO campaign a clear advantage.
- Use Google Analytics. It will help not only track data such as traffic or bounce rate, but it will also help understand any barriers to purchase.
- Set up a Google Merchant Center. It allows you to upload the product information with pictures and pricing and display in relevant Google Shopping searches.
- Register in multiple marketplaces (Rozetka.com.ua, Allo.ua, F.ua, etc.) By doing so you stimulate sales and brand advertising. If the products are good-looking (clothes, jewelry, home decor, health products, etc.), you can also create an Instagram channel and post a product catalog there as well.
Digital Transformation in Business and Global Changes It Brings
Digital business transformation increases competition. Today, local companies are eager to compete with international giants. This competition can be related to product, service cost, target market, speed of delivery, quality of technologies, etc. When a business is able to produce or sell with fewer costs, it has all chances to increase its market share. Below we list 5 main digitalization trends for businesses and IT leaders happening right now:
- Personalized customer engagement has become the focus of digital business transformation. Today’s customers love when they get what they want without having to say a word. Businesses should learn how to access and analyze in-depth data about their customers, their interactions, and buying habits.
- Machine learning and artificial intellect enable us to process and analyze big amounts of data and information in a short time which makes it possible to improve personalized experience and achieve operational automation.
- Test automatization will help marketers simplify communication by managing complex digital marketing strategies with the help of a single tool.
- Multi-cloud services (like Amazon Web Services) are a new reality that is impossible not to notice. Such services enable businesses to use different public clouds from different providers and choose the best solution for every task.
- Cross-functional teams where people with different skills, usually from different departments and organization levels, are working together to achieve a common goal.
Going Global: How to Elaborate Successful Digitalization Strategy For Your Business
Taking into consideration above-mentioned trends, for many companies now it’s time to rethink their vision and market understanding, and direct their efforts into digital business transformation. No matter how big or small your company is, digital transformation can be met with perplexity and rejection. Our team has enough expertise to help roll out a new digitalization strategy for your company that will optimize costs, increase development capacity and make your business able to compete in a global marketplace. If you sell goods or services online and want to attract more customers to your website, we are there to accomplish this goal:
- Examine Your Industry. When searching for a digital strategy for your business, we look at your competitors and define what their strategy looks like. Is it successful? Who are your customers, and what do they expect? We can help formulate a new e-commerce strategy for your website by analyzing your clients and their behavior.
- Help to Choose Your Way. When we have enough information, our team comes up with insights and vision. We advise what operational model is more suitable for your business, in which way it’s better to deliver your goods or services to the customers, what software solution will work best. We’ll provide you with the best tech decisions, help integrate your website with a needed payment system in order to increase productivity and reduce time-to-market.
- Plan specific steps and tactics to bring your company to the next level. On this stage, we distribute tasks among our tech-savvy experts and create a clear digital transformation plan
- Realization of the action plan. We can create or improve website, online shop, application or CRM system, provide you with quality services, like supervised QA, DevOps and experienced PMs. We also offer system administrator support & consultations, qualitative recruitment and HR management services — all-in-one to help you implement a competitive digital business strategy. Our team can provide support of your e-commerce website by fixing bugs, adding new features and creating engaging SEO content
As such, now we are witnessing a next stage of globalization — a digital business transformation. It brings new opportunities and difficulties. Not all countries and individuals are able to equally participate in digital globalization right now. Digital flows remain dominated by leading countries, like Singapore, the US, Netherlands, Germany. But, no matter how difficult is to introduce changes in businesses, the fact is that it’s impossible to stay away from the new world order. Though there is no single shortcut of how to implement digital business transformation, we can help you find a personalized solution. By delegating the tasks to our team, with every next step you will see your business becoming more efficient and viable.